Wednesday 3 May 2017

How it feels doing your Erasmus in Budapest

               If you are planning to do your Erasmus and still not sure where to go, then I can honestly recommend you to do your Erasmus in Budapest. I am a BA student from Turkey and I chose to do my Erasmus for one year in Budapest. I want to give you some useful information about Budapest based on my Erasmus life here. Let' s get started! 
 
         

            First of all, for what reasons I chose here? Well, I wanted to be in a big city and I thought capitals are always better. For that example it was true, Hungary’ s capital is the best. But then I visited different countries and realised that not always the capitals are the best ones. Thus I can say that Budapest is one of the best capital city for me so far.
Another reason for me to chose here was about economy. Let' s be honest Budapest is a really cheap city. In Hungary beside Euro, the Hungarian Forint (HUF) is used, as the national currency. That makes a student's life really easier. I am not only talking about the cheapness of alcohol but also food, rents and transportation. Also you should consider that Hungary is kinda in the middle of the Europe and it makes the country more electable (that was my another reason to chose here). It is really easy to travel around the Europe from Budapest. With bus or train or plane it is up to you and you can find cheap tickets believe in me.



           I want to tell you about the appearance of the city a bit. City itself is really interesting for a foreigner at the first sight. For me it was not my first time in Europe so I was kinda similiar to that 'European look'. But Budapest was totally different. It is a neat city we can say, the streets and the avenues are well organised and so on which is fine. The buildings.. We must talk about the buildings. In Budapest you can not see so many new constructed buildings. All the buildings still maintain the same look as that of the time they were built. That makes the city atmosphere pretty interesting. Beside that, I need to say that it is a green city. You can find so many parks to enjoy the sunlight. Hungarian people are really sportive, well at least the young generation. So if you are into sport in Budapest you can find lots of place to do sport. For example they have a beautiful island called Margaret Island and anytime during the day you can see people are running or doing different kind of sports.



       Now let's talk about the famous night life in Budapest. I have seen around 15 different cities in Europe so I am telling you, there will be no exaggeration. In Budapest weekend does not start on Saturday. Even if you go out on Wednesday or Thursday you can always find a good place to hang out. Most of the bars or clubs are open till 4-5 in the morning. Maybe you have heard, Budapest is really famous for its Ruin Pubs. Think about a very old building which is almost tumbledown and now think about how they have turned it into a really good pub. Those pubs are not so fancy places but really creative places and they are making good music. So you can only find those in Budapest which is pretty special for a city. Of course you can find thousands of different places, I mean even I am still discovering new places and it feels so good.
 
            

           

        I have to say that Hungarian cuisine is pretty rich. You will not have troubles finding good food around the city. Beside that everywhere in the city there are little shops where you can go and grab a slice of pizza. It is very useful for example if you get hungry in the middle of the night.
As you see Budapest is a really practical city and I can certainly say that this is one of the best cities for Erasmus students. You will find lot of international student here from all over the world. Well, to sum up there is no chance you feel regret for doing your Erasmus in Budapest. It will be the best times of your life!

This post was written by Duru Simsek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write us!

Name

Email *

Message *

#iamthebesthun in Instagram